Friday, March 23, 2012

The Early Bird Catches the....

...well, in my case, sunrise.

I've mentioned before that the most dramatic of skies over Maple Lake in the morning can give way to an otherwise nondescript day.  The sun is poking out now, but all morning has been dreary and overcast. 

This morning's progression -








Someone mentioned to me that my last post was proof that I consistently got up too early...joking, of course.  It got me thinking, though.  If I didn't get up that early, I might be fooled into thinking that we sometimes have strings of endless grey days.  I know better.  Even on the greyest of grey days, I can think back to sunrise, when even in an overcast sky, the emerging sun will catch the clouds and water droplets in the air, reflect and make magic.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful pictures. The sunrise/sunsets in the Ontario, near North are natural. Clouds and water vapor. Here in Arizona we have spectacular sunsets but the coloring is from dust rather that water. By comparison your reds are, well red!! ours are a burnt red/orange color.

    ReplyDelete