Saturday, December 15, 2012

Broken

I am sure by now you are aware of the tragic events that unfolded yesterday in Newtown, Connecticut.

My heart is absolutely broken, and I can't even begin to imagine what the families of those children and other victims are experiencing waking up this morning.  All of the tomorrows are gone. 

Raw pain.

A society in which something like this happens is broken.

It's clear that mental health services aren't enough right now.  Gun control is laughable.  I don't know what the answer is, but how many more times does something like this need to happen before something is done?

I wish for peace and healing for the families in Connecticut this morning and for all mornings to come. 



No words that I can write here will ever be enough, either to adequately express my feelings, or to convey what I hope for the future.

3 comments:

  1. Heartbreaking.
    Your picture looks nice. We never get to see the lake this time of year, it looks beautiful and serene.

    Moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. The events are very sad and something must be done but everyone seems to want to blame the gun. The gun was the tool but not the reason it happened. The reasons people like this get guns is because the mental health reporting that should be in the back ground check data base is not allowed because that would infringe on their rights. If you are convicted of a minor felony in this country you lose your right to own a gun, vote and all sorts of other things. Why do the mentally ill get exempted from these rules?

    ReplyDelete