Monday, December 10, 2012

Home

 
 
The longer I live here, the more impatient I become with the normal happenings in larger cities and towns.  We went "south" this past weekend, and traffic and lines and bustling people just served to make me a little more unhinged.

Here I have my wide open space, my quiet, little to no traffic, and shorter lines.  I feel that down there I am driven to go, go, go, and here I don't have to do anything if I don't want to.

I come home every time grateful for what I have and in wonderment at the frustrations that used to be part of my regular life.  I merely accepted the stresses - I didn't like them, but they were just there.

I realize this is more a commentary on my personality flaws than the people who choose to live in larger, busier places.  I'm not always the most patient of people.

Maple Lake is good for my soul.

1 comment: