Saturday, January 3, 2015

Keep Your Chin Up

I hope you know what if feels like to have someone be consistently proud of you.   I hope you have someone in your life that can always impart a quiet wisdom, that can bolster your confidence and build you up from the inside out.  I hope that there is someone in your life that can make you feel better just for having been in their presence.  A person that affirms what you know in your soul to be true.
 
I know what that feels like, and I am grateful everyday.
 
I have been feeling particularly defeated lately.  My saving grace has been my Grandad's voice in my ear -
 
"KEEP YOUR CHIN UP".
 
I am.  And I will.  Because his pride in me is a light that I refuse to let be extinguished.
 
 
My Grandad and my daughter, Clare on Christmas Eve 2014.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment